Designing bathrooms in tight spaces or with challenging obstacles can push anyone to their limits. Renovation design can often be a practice of understanding the rules of thumb and then modifying them to create a majestic piece. The good thing about that is that there are typical dimensions in bathroom renovation and remodeling can be used as a base for creating the bathroom of your dreams.
Here are these common rules of thumbs in bathroom design
- A standard tub measures 2′-6″ by 5′-0″. However, you may get ones that are broader – 3′ is typical, and a shorter 4′-6″ is sufficient. You’ll need a minimum footprint for a soaking tub of 3′ x 6′. (although some vessel tubs can be more compact).
- A 3′ x 6′ shower is suitable for two people. A lovely 3-foot-6-inch square bathroom shower fits one person. A typical shower just needs to be 2′-6″ in each dimension, if the other length is at least 3′, allowing you to easily raise your arms to wash your hair.
- A toilet may fit in a space as little as 2′-6″ wide in a single-family home. If you are concerned about accessibility, increase this to 3′ wide.
- You may save roughly a foot of floor space by installing a wall-hung toilet.
- A master bathroom double vanity can be as narrow as 5′ in width. Even so, you may get ones that are a little bit tighter at stores like IKEA. One sink with two wall-mounted faucets might occasionally be enough, but ideally, the sink should be at least 6′ wide.
- Bathrooms that are made to accommodate aging in place, persons who require grab bars, or people with disabilities call for more fantastic space practically everywhere.
Since no two-bathroom are the same, there are always spaces that present unique challenges that do not conform to the general guidelines mentioned. But a smart designer can overcome any arrangement issues and sometimes provide a platform for a masterpiece.
Contact us at the Shower Co and let us help you design your new bathroom. We have years of experience building all types of bathrooms. We do not do subcontracting so you can be sure it is us you are talking to and are dealing with. We have locations in Kansas City and Navarre, Florida.